Monday, June 9, 2008

Bid on The Cradle Project!



I got my first bid on my cradle I made for The Cradle Project.org!! I nabbed these pics from their flickr site with pics of all the entries. I've never had anyone bid on my art before, it's pretty cool...and mysterious. The bidding started over the weekend so it's the third day out of eight that the auction will run through. They got about 545 cradles donated out of the initial 1000 goal the project aspired to. That's pretty good if you ask me. The cradles are awesome too! The most well known artist to participate in the exhibit/auction is Judy Chicago! I was excited when I looked through and found her name as one of the artists who donated a cradle. However, there is no picture. So, I looked online and found out she donated a painting of a cradle, still very cool. I bet the upper ups decided not to let that one get away :) Also, this is my first time participating in something of this nature and this organization is very professional and appreciative of the artists. I even got a hand written thank you letter from the person who developed the exhibit. Darn nice! Good experience and will totally be looking to donate a sculpture if they have this next year :)
toodles

No comments: