Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Cradle Project

This summer I signed up to participate in "The Cradle Project" (www.thecradleproject.org). It's a fundraising installation that benefits orphans in Africa. They are looking for 1000 artists to make cradles to be auctioned off. The cradles that are made will be displayed in an abandoned warehouse in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I think they put up picture of the cradles too. You have to get your cradle sponsored, however I will most likely just donate the money myself, it's just $100 and it goes to a great cause. I occasionally show my art to the students I teach and I think this would be good to share with them. It shows them that art can be used to make a difference in the lives of others instead of just looking pretty. It's a good lesson in giving too. I'm excited!

No comments: